Compared with the natural environment, the density of fish in the aquarium is quite large, and the fish excreta and food residue are more. These break down and release ammonia, which is particularly harmful to fish. The more waste, the more ammonia is produced, and the faster the water quality becomes. The filter can purify water pollution caused by feces or residual bait, and effectively increase dissolved oxygen in water. It is one of the devices that cannot be missing in the feeding process.
The upper filter literally means the filtration system on top of the fish tank, which is also true.
The working rule of upper filtration is that the water pump will be pumped into the filter tank, and then flow back to the fish tank through various types of filter materials and filter cotton. Then it flows back to the fish tank from the outlet pipe at the bottom.
Advantages on filters
1. Cheap price
2. Convenient daily maintenance
3. The physical filtration effect is very ideal
4. There is no need for separate space
Lack of upper filter
1. Contact with the air more, carbon dioxide is easy to lose
2. It occupies the upper part of the aquarium, and its aesthetic effect is poor.
3. The upper part of the aquarium is occupied, and the installation space of lamps is limited.
4. Loud noise
The upper filter is recommended relative to the following
1. Aquarium mainly composed of fish and shrimp
2. Aquarium with big fish as the main body
The use of the upper filter is not recommended for the following situations
1. Straw VAT
2. Users who care about noise
The external filter suspends the filter unit on the side or above. The water is pumped into the filter tank by submersible pump, filtered through the filter material, and then flows into the aquarium.
1. Low price
2. Small size, easy to set
3. It does not occupy the upper space of the aquarium, and has abundant lamp installation space.
4. Easier to absorb oxygen
1. Poor filtration effect
2. Contact with the air more, carbon dioxide is easy to lose
3. With the different water level, there is often a drip sound
4. Filter materials need to be changed from time to time.
External filters are used for the following analysis
1. It is used as an aquarium for raising small aquatic plants and tropical fish below 30cm
2. Users who want to control costs
External filters are not recommended for the following situations
Large and medium sized Aquarium
Built in filter
Highlights of built-in filters
1. Low price
2. Easy setup
3. Sufficient oxygen supply
4. It is installed in the aquarium and does not occupy the external space
Disadvantages of built-in filter
1. Only suitable for small aquarium
2. Poor filtration effect
3. There is the sound of aeration
4. Filter materials need to be changed frequently.
5. It also affects the beauty of the aquarium
A built-in filter is recommended for the following situations
Built in filters are not recommended when
Aquarium over 60 cm
2. Straw VAT
Sponge filter (water spirit)
Sponge filter is a kind of filter device which needs to connect oxygen pump and air hose, which can be adsorbed on the wall of aquarium. It is generally suitable for small cylinders and can also be used as auxiliary filters for medium-sized cylinders.
The principle is to use the effect of water extraction when the bubble in water increases, which can effectively absorb feces and residual bait. In addition, the bacteria in the filter cotton can effectively decompose organic matter, thus achieving the purpose of biofiltration in a small space.
Post time: Sep-23-2020